Saturday, September 15, 2007

Grazie mille

You're drinking what on a Saturday night? Sorry, but I'm drinking Todd & Holland's Moroccan Mint tea. Though I'm still much more of a coffee guy, I've enjoyed learning from this great local store. Worth the visit if you're in Forest Park. I have some Oktoberfest/Marzen on deck. It's not my favorite style, but there are some out there that really hit the spot. I figure that Wisconsin has a lot of Krauts, so I'll try Badger faves Sprecher and Capital.

Hey, ADAPT folks, thanks for the comments. I hope that the teetotalers out there realize that I would've found the protest just as effective and moving sans the serendipitous parallel to the Lager Beer Riot of 1855. BTW, I got my Illinois license on Friday, and I look forward to buying a beer for the next person I see in an ADAPT shirt, or handing out ADAPT literature.

Anyway, I think that ADAPT was correct in picketing multiple locations--I believe that they hit the AMA and health care providers union, too--because the Illinois government couldn't find effective policy with a flashlight and a map. For instance, one of my new favorite blogs, the CTA Tattler, shows how a once proud public transit system is being run into the ground. And the Trib has a piece today about our decaying tracks. I'm a public transit buff, so I've spent a lot of time screaming into the pillow after the newscasts.

Update: the AP reports that traffic congestion is only getting worse. Now's not the time to fool around with transportation.

We'll go positive in the next post.

No comments: