Sunday, September 9, 2007

To the barricades!

Hello friends, family, and those looking for a biochemist of the same name (try UMass-Lowell for that guy). So, why start a blog, other than to give my family a preview of some of my holiday hobby horses? As all five readers already know, we recently moved back to Chicago after seven years in NYC, and the change has offered exciting new perspectives on all sorts of things. The format and vision of this blog might change if I keep it going, but I hope to combine my (re)discovery of Chicago's tastes, sounds, and sights (mostly its fine coffee, beer, and architecture) with my take on its politics and culture. Sure, this blog thing is a bit presumptuous, but then again, this is a town that riots when the authorities cut off the beer.

No comments: